Monday 1 July 2013

Wrap dress - completed!

All done! Relatively easy sew, although preventing the fabric stretching was a challenge. I like it  ... I think it's a bit big but hubby thinks it's the right size. I guess I just like to show a bit more cleavage  ... And I think the sleeves feel a bit big.

Anyway, I do like it. The fabric works nicely - i think it will work well as a work dress, althpugh I may attack the neckline at some point.

It was a test for me though - do it the quick way and maybe get ot wrong or do it the long, slow way and get it right first time. I'm not a fan of basting but when it came to the neckline I felt I had to hand-baste as I think I used too much seam allowabce meaning I didn't have much to play with and just pinning made it look like it would end up significantly wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment